Societe Generale has been nominated by Global Finance the winner of 8 awards in the Sustainable Finance Awards 2023!
Global Finance has announced its selections for the third annual Sustainable Finance Awards for 2023.
This awards program recognizes global, regional and local leadership in Sustainable Finance - funding for initiatives designed to mitigate the negative impacts of climate change and help build a more sustainable future for humanity.
Societe Generale has been awarded in the following categories:
• Global winner for Sustainable Project Finance
• Global winner for Sustainable Finance in Emerging Markets
• Overall regional winner for Sustainable Finance in Africa
• Regional winner for Financial Leadership in Sustaining Communities in Africa
• Regional winner for Sustainable Project Finance in Western Europe
• Regional winner for Sustainable Finance in Emerging Markets in Western Europe
• Regional winner for Transition/Sustainability Linked Bonds in Western Europe
• Best Bank for Sustainable Finance in Morocco
Global winners were chosen by the editors of Global Finance, based on entries, which were required for consideration, as well as independent research. Criteria for evaluation included governance policies and goals as well as measurable achievements in environmental and social sustainability financing. Honorees have been chosen in areas such as overall sustainability financing, excellence in bond issues, community support, resource management, transparency & reporting, infrastructure and emerging-markets sustainability funding.
Global energy prices have waxed and waned during the past few years due to the pandemic and regional conflicts. Nonetheless, financial commitments to sustainability have not wavered. Global Finance’s Sustainable Finance awards recognize the financial institutions that have initiated, maintained and grown their sustainable offerings and financing throughout 2022.