Commodities for corporates
Societe Generale’s complete commodities solutions for listed derivatives clearing and execution services.
Specialized Commodities Clearing and Execution teams
Across metals, agriculture and energy asset-classes, our specialized teams serve large global corporate clients, ensuring our clients obtain the utmost of what Societe Generale can offer across all products and services.
We bring clients:
- Front-to-back expertise of the clearing process - account structure, reporting tools, straight-through processing, credit risk.
- Specialised execution desks with Follow-the-Sun coverage.
- Electronic trading – we can offer several client facing platforms via DMA or SDMA connections as well as proprietary algorithmic trading models.
- Dedicated client service support.
- Close cooperation with our Societe Generale bankers to ensure that we are fully engaged with our clients’ requirements.
- Solutions to optimise cash flow, market fees and market access .
- Regulatory requirement support.
- Facilitation of physical delivery on listed commodities.
- Award-winning fundamental and strategic research covering over 40 commodity markets.
Why choose Societe Generale for commodities listed derivatives?
Societe Generale has over 30 years of continued commitment to the commodities markets. We are a leading Base Metals Dealer (Category 1 LME member) and voice execution specialist. Our Energy Group consistently ranks within the top 5 worldwide for both execution and clearing on primary exchanges (Energy Risk Commodity Rankings 2019).
We are world’s largest execution & clearing broker of ETD (14% global market share – Societe Generale & FIA, 2019) with an unrivalled global market access of 80+ markets & execution venues. We are #2 in the US by Part 30 Segregated Funds for ETD (CFTC 2020).
For our clearing services, we are members of all major Central Counterparty Clearing (CCP) venues. We are #1 in clearing and execution volumes on many global derivatives platforms with 2.2 billion contracts cleared in 2018 (Societe Generale & FIA, 2019). Our agency model insures anonymity and impartiality.
Offering a broad range of products, including capital-raising, risk management, financing and advisory services in...
We offer execution, clearing and prime services across the following asset classes: equities, FX, fixed income,...
Our clients' successes
BayernLB has issued its first sustainable benchmark bond and its debut Senior Non-Preferred bond in February with...
The world’s largest container ship lessor closed the first sustainability-linked loan and sustainability-linked swap in...
Leader in renewable energy and sustainable real estate in the Middle East region, Masdar has issued the first Green...
LafargeHolcim partners with Societe Generale for the first sustainability-linked bond in the building materials sector