Commodities for corporates
Societe Generale’s complete commodities solutions for listed derivatives clearing and execution services.
Specialized Commodities Clearing and Execution teams
Across metals, agriculture and energy asset-classes, our specialized teams serve large global corporate clients, ensuring our clients obtain the utmost of what Societe Generale can offer across all products and services.
We bring clients:
- Front-to-back expertise of the clearing process - account structure, reporting tools, straight-through processing, credit risk.
- Specialised execution desks with Follow-the-Sun coverage.
- Electronic trading – we can offer several client facing platforms via DMA or SDMA connections as well as proprietary algorithmic trading models.
- Dedicated client service support.
- Close cooperation with our Societe Generale bankers to ensure that we are fully engaged with our clients’ requirements.
- Solutions to optimise cash flow, market fees and market access .
- Regulatory requirement support.
- Facilitation of physical delivery on listed commodities.
- Award-winning fundamental and strategic research covering over 40 commodity markets.
Why choose Societe Generale for commodities listed derivatives?
Societe Generale has over 30 years of continued commitment to the commodities markets. We are a leading Base Metals Dealer (Category 1 LME member) and voice execution specialist. Our Energy Group consistently ranks within the top 5 worldwide for both execution and clearing on primary exchanges (Energy Risk Commodity Rankings 2019).
We are world’s largest execution & clearing broker of ETD (14% global market share – Societe Generale & FIA, 2019) with an unrivalled global market access of 80+ markets & execution venues. We are #2 in the US by Part 30 Segregated Funds for ETD (CFTC 2020).
For our clearing services, we are members of all major Central Counterparty Clearing (CCP) venues. We are #1 in clearing and execution volumes on many global derivatives platforms with 2.2 billion contracts cleared in 2018 (Societe Generale & FIA, 2019). Our agency model insures anonymity and impartiality.
Offering a broad range of products, including capital-raising, risk management, financing and advisory services in...
We offer execution, clearing and prime services across the following asset classes: equities, FX, fixed income,...
Our clients' successes
Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is the first European sovereign to issue a sustainability bond, for an amount of €1.5bn. The...
In 3 years, a new university hospital centre near Cotonou will offer state-of-the-art benefits and services enabling an...
At the heart of the circular economy, at the cutting edge of technology and performing socially.
With the support of Societe Generale, Korian placed a Sustainability-Linked Euro PP for an amount of 173 million euros...