Head of Payments & Cash Management
Aurelien Viry is Head of Payments & Cash Management for Societe Generale since December 2016. He is responsible of developing the global cash management business line activities within Societe Generale Group.
He joins Societe Generale’s General Inspection department in 1990 and is appointed Deputy Head for the Group’s subsidiary in Seoul in 1996. In 1999, he becomes COO for the North Asian region. In 2001 he is appointed COO of Societe Generale Securities Services for Asia. In 2003, he returns to France to join the Global Equities and Derivatives Department as Head of the Middle Office. In 2005, he is appointed General Manager for GENEFIM, the Group’s real estate leasing subsidiary. In 2011, he joins Komercni Banka, the Group’s subsidiary in the Czech Republic, as a member of the management committee in charge of Risk.
Aurelien holds degrees in Business Administration from ESCP and in Accounting and Finance.
- Aurelien is a member of the French Association of Corporate Treasurers (AFTE)
- “Will 2017 mark the end of the laptop for treasurers?”, TMI Magazine, March 2017
- “What’s next on the wish list of the corporate treasurer for global payments innovation?”, Societe Generale’s expert view for Sibos Toronto, October 2017
- “Operation transformation in technology for multi-banked corporates”, Societe Generale’s expert view for Sibos Toronto, October 2017
- “The state of global treasury – untangling the knots”, Societe Generale’s expert view for Sibos Toronto, October 2017
Clients want the world, and more. And why not? Delivering to clients what they need is, after all, literally our...
While cross-border payments are much easier than in the past thanks to digitalisation and regulation, there is still a...